Innovation, Impact and Employability’ Workshop
This Workshop is aimed at developing your skills in interacting with the outside world.
- We will talk about Research Impact, Innovation, and the opportunities you have to ‘change
the world’ through your technology;
- You will gain knowledge about money, project management, and
researching/communicating with customers and stakeholders;
- You will develop and practice skills such as group work, problem-solving, technical
Communication, abstract writing, and presentations. These skills will make you mare
attractive to a wide range of potential employers during and after your PhD;
- You will participate in some Problem-based Learning activities based on real situations in the Earth and Environmental Sciences;
- You will subsequently have the opportunity to participate in an NERC business plan competition with valuable prizes.